Saturday 17 June 2017

The Queen and I...

I have not given up the ghost.  I have not been away on holiday. And thankfully, no family trauma. I have simply felt disinclined to write anything this week. I don't normally find myself on the same wavelength as our dear Betty Windsor, but when our Queen speaks of our national sombre mood, she is right on the button.
The towering inferno that enveloped the London block of flats has dominated the news this week. Tales of sorrow, mixed with tales of heroism are being superseded by anger that this should have been allowed to happen. And indeed the concern that the flammable cladding could be found on any number of similar buildings, schools and hospitals.
So no, I have not been moved to write of the frivolous or the inconsequential.
Serious decisions have to be made and action taken. We watch on the sidelines, as a government struggles to get itself in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment