Wednesday 7 June 2017

Looking for Crumbs of Comfort...or Just looking for Crumbs.

I haven't written anything since Saturday. Yes, Saturday. About half an hour after posting something daft about feet, the news broke about London Bridge, just before we went to bed.
I haven't felt inclined to comment, because it is the same sad story about lives and families torn apart by yet another act of barbarism.
I went up to London yesterday and found a city functioning normally. A one minute silence at eleven o'clock to remember the dead and the injured. Apart from that, life carrying on as usual. So although I am greatly moved by the tales of valour that are emerging as the story of Saturday slowly unfolds, I am not going to make further reference to it in my posts, because to comment on it is simply to give air to the killers and their nihilistic intent.
Tomorrow I will be returning to the warm bosom of Slimming World, after a week's deviation from the plan. Now that is scary in my small world. But I am saying to myself and to you all:
Not entirely sure what it means, but it's warm, comforting and very British

 (Postcard designed by Katie Abey, www.katieabey.com)

1 comment:

  1. So how's the bunion free life? Bunion in Singapore is very widespread like people here are prone to bunions because we love to walk.

    ReplyDelete