Monday 20 March 2017

A Plumb Job?

The best bit about being retired is that I am not assaulted by Sunday night-itus. And Monday mornings have the novelty of a fresh new week as I waive my Dearest husband on his way, trying to look disconsolate that he is labouring  while I am swanning. Yes, swanning is what he believes I do all day. Living the life. Well, no swanning today, my dears. It is the day the plumber is due. 

I do not expect you to recall that the bathroom upstairs has been in need of renovation. We left the subject, with me painting the exterior of the roll top bath. Since then, the height of the ceiling has been lowered and recessed spotlights have been added making it the brightest room in the house. I think I should take up needlepoint, at the very least, to capitalise on this fantastic facility. Whilst I am enthroned, of course. Matriarchal maximisation of time and motion, that's me.

So our plumber's job is to replace taps, and toilet. and to lay a tiled floor. No problemo. All we hope is that we have an Andrex,  not a Thos. Crapper week.
I will, of course, incorporate project-managing into my swanning. If all goes to plan, those Andrex puppies and I will have so much fun..

No comments:

Post a Comment