Friday 20 January 2017

An ageing barrel finds new gin...

I have been measuring my skimmed milk and glugging red wine with reckless abandon. Silly silly me. Half a pound of lard on this week. What a lardon am I? Nothing in particular has driven me to drink. I have simply been an enthusiastic matcher of glass for glass with my dearest husband. He's had a challenging week. So I'll drink to that. And pour us another.
Added to the units consumed is a new gin. Introduced to me by my son and his partner I fell upon it with with glee that verged on the indecent. It is called Smooth Ambler Barrel Aged Gin. It is gin that is aged in Bourbon barrels so that it hits the taste buds initially as a gin but with a whisky finish. Now how exciting is that?  It is described as burnt caramel intertwined with lemon meringue. Interesting.
For me it tasted of spice and Christmas pudding with one heck of a punch.
Dear me. I must get out more.  Ah, but I put on weight when I do.


How the Great British Bunion became a Smooth Ambler

No comments:

Post a Comment