Friday 11 November 2016

My Personal Recipe...

For marital harmony. Buy a new television. What were you expecting? A recipe for Banana Cake? Well, I have a very nice one of those and with the way I am going bananas this evening, there will be plenty left over next week ... They have to be very ripe, you see...
And I suppose you could say the air has been very ripe this evening...  A new television.. driven by the need for better sound, as we have rued the day we bought a sound box for our previous television.
So today was the day that the new baby arrived. Big but certainly not bouncing. Several hours to install and a brief intro to the instructions which made this TV so simple to operate.
"I can't stand it when I am patronised by people who say it is SO simple!" First demi-rant from my Dearest and Best Beloved.
Netflix let us down, you see. Failed to deliver. Said (very nicely there was a fault). I check account online (find the monthly sub has gone up: more frothing...) and try playing The Crown online. No problem: we could see it on our computer.  Fuel to fire.
Ok, so we will watch something on the Virgin Tivo box. Ah, but it keeps saying we have a problem with Netflix. It is a message that will not make itself disappear despite vigorous jabbing and it is evidently impervious to bad language which is hurled like a nuclear weapon in the direction of the screen.
"I know we have  a sodding problem with Netflix!" Rising crescendo. " I will be on the phone tomorrow! This bloody doesn't work!"
I found the cricket. I clicked the button. Peace. I never thought I'd say this:
"Thank the good Lord for cricket." ( Ok, and Hendricks.Two large ones - easy on the tonic. For me, obvs.)
It could be a long weekend.
Enough to drive a saint to cake....

No comments:

Post a Comment