Thursday 3 November 2016

Action with the Pants...

You can call me Chi Chi, if you like. Just don't try and mate me with another Giant Panda, is all I ask.
You'll be thinking, but be too polite to say, that the old girl  has lost her marbles. Well, let me tell you, it weren't no marbles I lost yesterday: I almost got detached from my dear old schnozz. And how so, you may ask?
It was all because I did not want to hang my granny pants in full view of a friend who was visiting yesterday morning. I decided to hang them on my nifty little washing line (Hills Supa fold Mini Washing line - buy with caution) which hangs out of sight down the side passage. I erected it as usual so that it hung 90 degrees from the wall, and started to peg out my knickers. I was on the third pair when the metal bar came crashing down on my nose. Stunned I was. But upright. Only moving when the blood began to drip into my laundry basket. The mechanism for holding it up had obviously malfunctioned. I was lucky that blood and bruising was my only malfunction.
My friend arrived some ten minutes later. I told her my sorry tale.
"Some heavy pants,"she commented.
So when I got on the scales this morning, at Slimming World, and found that I had gained a pound this week, I realised she wasn't kidding.
I'm sticking to bamboo shoots from now on...

No comments:

Post a Comment