Monday 21 November 2016

Foot note 5

I've dug out the old boot. What boot? Not the old Das Boot which was where this all started.. ? Yes indeed. I have rummaged at the back of my shoe cupboard and there it is. Age and dust have not withered its ugliness or reduced its consummate practicality. You might be wondering whether I have lost the plot or inadvertently gained a few extraneous marbles, but let me reassure you that there is method in my meandering.
Tomorrow is the day that I am getting my toe straightened. It is the one next to my almost perfectly aligned ex-bunion. Because of its increasing claw-like tendencies it is somehow preventing the big toe from touching the ground.
So hello again, Bunionistas, everywhere. So much jollier than Bunion people. I haven't mentioned this date because I feel rather self-conscious that after the much-heralded bunion op that I am yet again subjecting myself to surgery. But this is not cosmetic, I assure you. It is necessary if I am to walk squarely, without discomfort.
Burning question of the moment is: will getting my toe uncurled, make my hair stand on end?
In the interests of science, I'll let you know..

No comments:

Post a Comment