Tuesday 18 October 2016

Mother Already Ruined...

I am off the gin. Well, I was hardly, what one would call ever on the gin. But now with my new slimming regime, I have to watch liquid calories  as well as those cake-shaped.  Yes, I can count alcohol amongst my daily syn quota but after the losses in the early weeks I am now down to the hard lard. This will be weight that is more difficult to shift because it's been there longer.
I was rifling through my food cupboard the other day, as one is wont to do, in idle Pooh Bear-type moments, when at the back I spotted a jar of Boozy Berries. Raspberries soaked in something pink. I didn't put my glasses on, and sampled them with some 0%fat Yoghurt. They were exquisite. They really hit the mark. In fact, so well, that I went back for another small helping without the yoghurt. As I fumbled for a pair of specs after the third helping, I read that they had been soaked in Pinksters Gin.
Very acceptable. So another alcohol-free week passes. What? Raspberries soaked in gin don't count as one of my five a day? You've got to be joking!


                                                                 +                                      =     Dietary Happiness

No comments:

Post a Comment