Tuesday 18 October 2016

Gadgetry Gone Bonkers.... I believe

Call me old-fashioned.  A fuddy-duddy. Come on, bring it on. I actually feel older than Methuselah, having just read about the Feed and Swipe, or is it the Swipe and Feed?  Which are you going to do first? Feed your baby or swipe your phone? But hey, you are spared decision-making because a new device has been invented which enables you to do both simultaneously. I am not going to stand on my dog-eared and much-loved tome of Penelope Leach to rant and rave. The ridiculousness of it is blindingly apparent.
It made me think back to the piles of baby equipment we bought for our own babies, seduced by the glossy lure of advertising. So much stuff, that my Grandmother remarked that when she'd had her babies she simply cleared out a drawer from from her chest of drawers for the baby to sleep in and scoffed at the sprig-printed fabric of my new Moses basket. Babies ever since have been big business.

But as we wait for the daughter of a very dear friend to give birth to her first child we are reminded that the most important delivery of of all, will not come via Amazon.
Do not try to take photograph while bottle still attached.....

No comments:

Post a Comment