Wednesday 30 August 2017

These shoes make me fleet of foot and light in heart..

I feel impelled occasionally, by some inner compulsion, driven by being the proud owner of a bunion blog that rarely, these days, lives up to its name, to mention footwear. When I was young, I used to wear black plimsoles with elasticated fronts. These were only worn in school for PE. My mother would never have allowed me to wear these on the street. Normal leather shoes sufficed for school and best. That's how it was.
This summer sees the second season of the navy Skecher shoes in my wardrobe. They look very much like plimsoles and are so comfortable, lined as they are, with memory foam. And joy of joys... they can be freshened up by a cycle in the washing machine.
As I currently practice Brahms Lullaby which I can remember my childhood self singing in Summerswood Primary school: "When the dawn tints the skies/ I will make thee arise" and gaze down at my plimsoled feet, I am six years old again. Not sixty three.

                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment