Wednesday 3 May 2017

Time for a Bargain...

Do you know what? When your drawers are full to overflowing... No, not your drawers, lady, but drawers, as in chests of. No, this is not about my chest. Really, settle down at the back. When your house is full of schtuff that you move around, put under beds, stuff in drawers, cram into chaotic cupboards, the last thing you need to do on a Sunday morning is to go to an antiques fair.

I think the reason I will give you is a pretty weak one. I haven't been to one for over twenty years. I asked my friend Anthony if he would take me. I have been buying some Whitefriars glass off him recently and I knew that this venue had yielded some lucky finds. He gamely took on the notion of my attempting to cut out the middleman, and suggested we went together last Sunday.

I didn't find any glass, but I did find a delightful wee clock. I asked Anthony who'd made it as I'd forgotten my glasses as well as the £1.50 entry fee.
"A Mr Foreign," he said dismissively.
I didn't care. A wind up working clock in our bedroom for a tenner? Marvellous.

Got home to Bruce Springsteen on top volume, the smell of coffee and a full spread of the Sunday papers. Dearest was evidently missing me madly.
Ten quid? Small price to pay, for two very happy customers, that Sunday morning.
Spot the wisteria on the wall?

No comments:

Post a Comment