Wednesday 20 June 2018

Farewell, my lovelies...

Well, hello, readers everywhere. I've been on a break. Not an exotic one. A long weekend in Southport actually. And very nice it was too. I have to confess that one of my primary objectives in accepting this invitation to stay with these friends, was to try out their new toilet. Yes, they have got one of these weird and wonderful ones that wash your derriere, dry it with warm air and then powder it. Well, not the last bit, obviously. I spent the whole weekend sucking in my cheeks to gather courage to use this magical feat of engineering.  I finally steeled myself to go to their ensuite. Only to find that mine host was truly enthroned. I beat a hasty retreat and the moment passed. So I have to say, I cannot report back.
Rest assured I will, at any time in the future.. However, I have to warn you that I am thinking of extending my current blog break. It has occurred to me that it's a bit rude to bugger off into the wide blue yonder without so much as a wave goodbye. You might think that I'd been run over by a bus or something.
I would like to think that come the autumn I will be impelled to continue. However, at the moment I am about to embark on further house renovations, involving plaster being removed and replaced in living areas. The garden, small though it is, is demanding more attention, and I have to confess, I am really enjoying the atavistic thrill of slugicide. I have to practice the piano to calm myself. Currently on Summertime which should be perfected by Christmas; Sherlock's theme, by Christmas 2019, and Fly Me to the Moon by next week.

So thank you all for following me for the past couple of years. I have so enjoyed myself. If I've occasionally made you smile, then that makes me very happy indeed.
I wish you all a happy Summer.
If you listen carefully, you can hear the tortured chords of a rookie pianist playing us out....

No comments:

Post a Comment