Friday 2 March 2018

Baby, it's cold outside....

But then you knew that. I am not complaining about the weather. So far so good. Many have it a great deal worse than us softies in the South East. If anything, I am perspiring. Sweating pints actually. I have the heating on full and I have spent the past two days restoring order. The study painted and shipshape. Oh yes, so ship-shape that the rest of the house is looking distinctly shit-shape. Pardon my French. But you know what I mean.
In the evenings, when all are safely gathered in, we have a new weapon in our arsenal against the raging aches and pains which are exacerbated by this weather. Its a giant Willy-warmer.
"I do wish you wouldn't keep referring it to it like that, Mum," says D.D. who gave her father it for Christmas.
It is, in fact, a large elongated hot water bottle that comes with its own fleecy pouch and a soft strap which means you sling it over your shoulder and position it where you need heat most. Lower back region, a favourite, in case you're wondering, but too well-bred to ask.
I have to say that Dearest looked a bit bemused when he unwrapped it at Christmas, but it has been a wonderful acquisition .
It's called a YuYu. You won't find it in the willy-warming section of Amazon. Did you know they still made them? I thought that they had been an eighties marketing joke. Extraordinary that they are still pedalling them. People evidently find them funny. According to the reviews (read,whilst clearing up my house) one old chap thought it was a phone cover!  That's what happens when you go for cheap laughs.
Something I almost never do.
Two feet of snow 

No comments:

Post a Comment