Tuesday 18 July 2017

Only Stopping to Smell the Coffee....

Coffee is good for you! Yes, three cheers, big ears, and make mine strong and black. All that recent stuff about having to cut down the caffeine has been knocked into a cocked hat by the latest research. Apparently initially the research sample included coffee-drinkers who smoked. Well, that, of course was certainly going to skew the results. And not in a good way.

One of our daily pleasures is a cup of Monmouth coffee. Monmouth is an independent roastery in London. Every month Dearest calls to select four different coffees from Columbia, Guatemala, and Brasil from small private estates. So it's a different selection every time. I can smell today's delivery from here, and I haven't even opened the box.
Each week it is delivered by the same delivery man, Fabio.
Each month I send a text to my husband.
"Fabio has delivered!"
The first time I sent it, I thought it created intrigue and a little insouciance, perhaps. Keeping my marriage fresh.
No response. Ever. I keep sending it though. Even though it's not as fresh as today's coffee.
One day he might reply,
"Who the hell is Fabio? I'll give him a bloody nose!"
But then that wouldn't be my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment