Saturday 29 July 2017

Laid at last...

New stair carpet arrived finally last month. We had been five months without. All that bare wood and echoes... I was beginning to embrace the French farmhouse look and wondering whether we should really have gone to the expense of stair carpet after all. The original had lasted 37 years. In fairness it was well past its prime and in places it was truly Fred Bear (as they talk round here). By the time it was due to arrive, I confess to being nervous. I hoped I would still like it as much as I had all those months ago.
It is also not carpet in the traditional sense; it is a flat weave, more of a thick fabric really.
Finally it was fitted and I have to say that we are delighted.
The pattern is quite busy. As a result, I have decreed that Saturday night inebriation will be carefully regulated . One gin too many and both I and the carpet will be doing some serious weaving.

Sobering addition to the household


No comments:

Post a Comment