Friday 3 June 2016

On Squeezing a Quart into a Pint Pot.....

I don't have delusions. Generally speaking.  Though I might have been having one yesterday when I forgot about the plumbers.  And I am not sure if a Bunion Blog Owner is the best authority on fashion. However, I feel impelled to share my joy at discovering that Bodies are back in! Yes, if ever there were a call for a shriek mark, it's at the end of that statement. Go to Marks and Spencer's without delay. I've been, and stocked up.
I have been waiting YEARS for the return of the body. Oh Lord, in every sense of the word. I really haven't looked after the last body I had, because I didn't know the supply would suddenly dry up. So it is very over-stretched, not much elasticity and very floppy in the gusset region. (I am still referring to the garment, in case you misconstrue..)  In fact, I am totally dependent on just one remaining snap fastener that prevents this once wonderful garment from whiplashing up my torso like a manic roller blind.
I cannot understand why they would ever have become unfashionable? They are such a practical item, (apart from the snap-fastening gusset which can become tricky if one is either inebriated or in a dark toilet, or a combination of the two). At the moment, as I grapple with a figure that insists on becoming more matronly as each month passes, I find that blouses ride up and trousers slide down. If I wanted to supplement my pension by joining belly dancers on a Friday night this would be an acceptable look. But now I don't have to. I can be tidy and all tucked in.
Absolutely marvellous.
Now you too can have a body like mine....


Make mine a dinky one....

No comments:

Post a Comment