Thursday 10 March 2016

Curbing excesses..

I bet you think by that, I mean food and drink and wild rollicking. How well you know me, and to think we only met at the beginning of January.
Friends who have known me longer will have no doubt at all that I am just about to launch myself at yet another abortive health regime. I tell you, being retired stretches one's will-power like knicker elastic. When what you really need is for it to be firm and unyielding like a good old fashioned pantie-girdle.

That is not, however, what is troubling the idling brain today.
This morning, I read the  latest research from Canada ( I have one reader, it seems, who looks in from Canada, so I would just like to say, Hello, Canada! with an exclamation mark before the government here decrees it illegal). Apparently, those who use social media , like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram are more shallow and less moral than the rest of us.
Shallow, I can buy into that idea , but less moral? A bit harsh. Seemingly this large bunch of social engagers are too busy pursuing hedonism rather than doing things that enhance the lives of others.
Well, I go along with this to a certain degree. Always been big on having a bloody good time.

No, really, I do feel that Twitter and Facebook are responsible for contributing to to the me-ish mode that prevails. But not me, guv. They didn't mention Bloggers, so I'm off the hook.
But to be honest, I have compared the process of blogging with presenting a big verbal selfie.
Now that I am bunionless  I am speaking to an even more select audience. But I promise you this: I will not photograph my puddings, my cakes, my pile of ironing or even my piles.
Paddling is no mean feat.
I just want to reassure you that while I might be paddling in shallow waters, I wouldn't hesitate wading in to help you if you were not waving, but drowning.

No comments:

Post a Comment